According to British and American Standards:
• Ordinary Portland Cement conforming to ASTM C-150 type I and BS EN 197-1-CEM I
• Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement conforming to ASTM C-150 type V and BS 4027
• Moderate Sulphate Resisting Portland Cement conforming to ASTM C-150 type II
• Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS) conforming to BS 6699
• Portland Blast Furnace Cement (PBFC) conforming to BS 146
Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) – Grey Color
Type I: (General-Purpose Cement): For general construction especially when making precast and precast-prepossessed concrete that is not to be in contact with soils or ground water.
Type II: For use when concrete is in contact with soils and ground water.
Type III: It is usually used for precast concrete manufacture, where high 1-day strength allows fast turnover of molds. It may also be used in emergency construction and repairs and construction of machine bases and gate installations.